What exactly is it?
Simply put, cellulite is caused by a fatty build-up beneath the topmost layer of skin. The fibrous tissue of collagen between the skin and muscle divide the fat into clusters. As you age, the cellulite becomes more visible due to the thinning of the skin as well as elastic deterioration. Other factors like hormones, diet, genetics and pregnancy also play a role in the appearance of cellulite.
3 Ways to Minimise the Appearance of Cellulite
Developing and maintaining an active lifestyle is essential for several reasons that all correlate with healthy living. It reduces the risk of getting heart failure, diabetes and strokes, and has also been proven to improve psychological balance and overall mental health. An active lifestyle is an ongoing cellulite treatment in itself and there are loads of accessible ways to create and live an active lifestyle all around you.
3 easy ways to help you become more active
- Your monthly gym membership could include a series of group classes you could attend.
- If you do not have half an hour to commit to exercising, you can always break it down into increments: for example, 10 minutes of jumping jacks before work, running up the stairs during lunch and a 10-minute walk around the neighbourhood after work.
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
A healthy diet is essential when aiming to keep all your organs healthy. To prevent chronic conditions like infection, fatigue and poor performance, ensure that you are getting all the nutrition your body needs. There are multiple ways you can easily and instantly make your diet healthier, without having to cut out the foods you love.
5 Steps to a Healthier Diet
- Start by drinking more water – studies have shown that the general rule of thumb is to drink about 2 litres of water a day.
- Decrease your sugar intake by means of fizzy drinks and sweet treats – instead opt for a glass of water. Excessive sugar carries all kinds of health risks, including weight gain, blood sugar issues and increased risk of heart disease.
- Steam/ bake your food instead of frying it in oil.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Balance your meals by including healthy sources of protein, fats and carbs – known as Macros, they are essential to a healthy, balanced supply of what your body needs for its daily function.
While the popular opinion is to do as much cardio as your heart can handle, in the long run that won’t make as much of a difference when compared to strength training. Training with weights or in intervals increases your metabolic rate dramatically and sustains it at a higher level for longer periods of time.
2 Ways to Tone Up
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is the pattern of doing exercise in bursts of intense physical activity followed by short resting periods, and it’s one of the most effective ways to burn away fat.
- Strength Training – Core Yoga, Pilates and Weight Training are ways you can strengthen your muscles without needing to run and jump around. These include slower, more controlled movements that more effective in targeting certain muscle groups.
How EMS Helps to Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite
Cellulite is, on the face of it, a mass of fat cells below the surface of the skin. That means that it can be targeted the same way as any other kind of fat.
EMS machines are currently the leading technology in targeted muscle stimulation and offer effective cellulite treatments. It was originally developed to be used as a tool for muscle rehabilitation or to reverse muscle atrophy, but recent studies have shown that when used in conjunction with exercise, the effects are very beneficial to the muscle toning process and, by extension, reducing the appearance of cellulite.
How Does it Work?
By sending an electric signal through your body, the EMS device evokes a muscular contraction in the deeper muscle fibres that we usually overlook when exercising.
These contractions will generally last a few seconds. Health Tech has multiple programs that allows the user to select their desired results, for example; fast treatment, lymph treatments and tone treatment to name a few. Your body recognises this movement as a form of exercise and acts accordingly. More blood flow is stimulated to the targeted muscle group, and with the increased blood flow, you’re able to sustain more intense exercising.
By using the Health Technology Duo range of products, you can combine the EMS and the cellulite heat wraps to get optimal results.
Sculpting the body and having a more desired, toned look is easier because of the machines’ ability to target the fat deposits beneath the epidermal layer. While increasing the overall circulation of blood in your body, it empties the contents of the stubborn fat cells that cellulite is comprised of. While it may not eliminate the cellulite entirely, nor guarantee that you will never get cellulite again, continued use will most definitely help you keep your skin looking smooth.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our mailing list for regular health tips and to be the first to hear about new products and special offers.